Saturday, April 10, 2010

Going Public

Going Public

As with many of my classmates, I feel that “going public” may be premature. And yet here I am, putting it out there for the world to see, ready or not. Part of me feels quite unready for this. However, I can see that Veterans Portfolios is going to require, as soon as possible, professional web designers (not novices, like me), and the dedication of many other talented individuals to succeed.

“Going public” does provide opportunities, such as being able to invite people to spend some time and think about the concept of Veterans Portfolios, look at some of the links, and then give me their ideas and suggestions and perhaps consider becoming involved. For this concept to become reality it is going to take the assistance and expertise of many.

This week our class assignment in Marketing was to publish an article. For me this seemed a rather gigantic leap. Having stuck my toe in the waters of “social media” I have been already blessed with the support of family and friends, - via Facebook, this Blog and word of mouth. I am pretty sure that the majority of those who have looked at Veterans Portfolios, so far, are those who know and love me (or at least like me well enough to take the time to look). Doing the article bumps this up a notch.

As always your comments and suggestions are welcome!

Auburn Journal (2010). Helping Veterans Stand Out in the Job Market. Article is on-line at http://auburnjournal.com/detail/146996.html .

4 comments:

  1. It's great that you got your feet wet. I have to agree. It feels premature to be "out here!" I think it is good to get going as soon as possible. No time like the present!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are diong great with your first blog. I completely feel the same as you do about it being premature, but I also jumped in with both feet this week with my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean. It does feel a little to soon to be "going public". I continue to enjoy watching your work in both classes and it is great. Keep growing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Blog article Laura! It is scary to be "out there" isn't it. But I guess if you don't jump in with both feet, you never know what it is like.I am looking forward to reading your next post.

    ReplyDelete